Agricultural Conference Scholarships for Veterans
Limited scholarships are available for military veterans in the Southeastern U.S. who would like to attend agricultural conferences.
Appalachian State University’s Frontline to Farm program and the National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) are partnering to offer the veteran scholarships. NCAT will award scholarships of up to $250 for military veterans who want to learn about sustainable livestock production and farm business at an agricultural conference.
Scholarships will cover registration costs, up to $250, for the following conferences:
- Carolina Farm Stewardship Association Conference, November 5-15, 2021, Virtual Conference with a farm tour option on November 15.
- Farmer Veteran Coalition Conference, November 18-19, 2021, Knoxville, Tennessee
- National Grazing Lands Coalition Conference, December 6-9, 2021, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Virginia Biological Farming Conference, January 22-24, 2022, Roanoke, Virginia
- Another sustainable agriculture conference or training that the applicant identifies. Please provide details.
Applications will be reviewed and awarded on a rolling basis.
Click HERE to apply.
Veterans in the Southeastern U.S. who are raising livestock will receive priority.
Veterans who receive a scholarship will be responsible for their own conference registration. Recipients must submit a conference registration receipt in order to be reimbursed.
For more information on the scholarships, contact Margo Hale at email@example.com.
Armed to Farm: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Information coming soon!
Armed to Farm 2.0
Armed to Farm 2.0 will return in 2022!
Armed to Farm 2.0 is a next-level sustainable agriculture training designed for those who have attended an Armed to Farm in the past. ATF 2.0 provides more in-depth curriculum on business planning, financial management, marketing, and scaling-up production. We tailor hands-on activities at area farms to participants’ needs and focus on more advanced production, marketing, and entrepreneurship techniques. There is plenty of time for information sharing and networking. NCAT provides lodging, most meals, and transportation to local farms during this week-long event.